Acrylic bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qquake2k

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've decided to order an acrylic bowfront, either a 36 or 46 gallon. I read on a forum somewhere, but can't remember where now, that someone said he put foam under the aquarium when he set it up. What kind of foam, and what is the purpose?

Have you ordered it yet? I was going to go with acrylic due to its looks but after doing a couple of weeks worth of research I went with the 36g glass BF mainly due to the scratching concern. As for the foam, I do not recall ever seeing that brought up.

Good luck either way

I used to have a glass 46 gallon bowfront. I decided on an acrylic this time, because all the glass ones I've seen have black seams in the corners. The acrylic looks a lot cleaner to me.

Bowfront Tanks

I've decided to order an acrylic bowfront, either a 36 or 46 gallon. I read on a forum somewhere, but can't remember where now, that someone said he put foam under the aquarium when he set it up. What kind of foam, and what is the purpose?

Hello qq...

I have a 36 G bowfront. I put a couple of bath towels between the tank and the wooden stand, just as a cushion to keep from stratching anything. The acrylic tanks are lighter, but scratch easily. You'll just need to be careful setting it up. After running the tank for a while, I like the longer, shorter, retangular glass tanks much better.

Just one reporter's opinion.

B

Back
Top Bottom