Add an angelfish to this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would a very young (nickel sized) angel fish be an ok addition to this community? I hear they are less aggressive to small fish if they grow up with them ...

Danios
Harlequin rasbora
Glowlight tetra
Rosy fin tetra
Otos
Pygmy striped loach

It's a 29 gallon moderately planted, aqua advisor approves of the bioload. The tank has been up since April without issues, after a fishless cycle.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

You should be alright but be cautious later on with the glow lights and rosy tetras- I believe you mean rosy red minnows? Can you send a pic of them? It will determine safety of the angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah these are a similar shape as some I've heard are fin nippers. I only have 3, which I'd like to rehome anyway ... Petsmart sold them as rosy Tetras.

No minnows except the danios, which are kyathit (an orange finned variation of the zebra).

The Pygmy loaches must stay, I've seen them appearing to nip but I think they are just playing, swimming very close. After many months I've never seen an injury and they are very tiny, smaller than the Otocinclus.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413067712.665529.jpg
Tetras

Those are blood fins and will be fine with your angels :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks!

I'd just be getting one angel. When it gets bigger will it pick on the little fish?

Yeah these are a similar shape as some I've heard are fin nippers. I only have 3, which I'd like to rehome anyway ... Petsmart sold them as rosy Tetras.

No minnows except the danios, which are kyathit (an orange finned variation of the zebra).

The Pygmy loaches must stay, I've seen them appearing to nip but I think they are just playing, swimming very close. After many months I've never seen an injury and they are very tiny, smaller than the Otocinclus.

View attachment 252553
Tetras

Petsmart sells these as White Finned Rosy Tetras. They are peaceful. Serpae Tetras look similar, but are fin nippers.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_tetra

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I'd just be getting one angel. When it gets bigger will it pick on the little fish?

Angels tend to eat any fish that fits in their mouth once they mature. Heavily planting parts of the tank may help.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelfish are fine, as long as they have plenty of food, and the small fish aren't constantly in their line of sight. planting is good.

I remembered the stores name for them incorrectly too. White finned rosy tetra, I think is the one. Something Rosy Tetra, at least!

Back
Top Bottom