Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Adding a school to a new aquarium?

Just wondering,

When my 28 gallon tank does finish cycling, I plan on adding a single honey gourami, maybe waiting a week or two and measuring the water parameters--then adding a school of 5 or so panda corys.

I've heard that it's best to add "two or three fish at a time", but I don't want to stress out the poor corys if I only get two or three...I also don't want to have to make the trek out to my high quality lfs that's nearly 2 hours away

Only trying to think ahead, thanks.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi. If you have to add 5 or 6 fish at once then the tank will probably have a mini cycle. This is not a problem if you are aware of it and water change as required.
I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I find Panda's really hard to introduce to a tank. Of all the fish in my tank the Panda's fair the worse and the tank is well established and specs are spot on. I'm just quarantining 6 myself to try again. My peppered Corys are breeding so the conditions must be good. It seems that the first couple of months is the dodgy period, those that survive this (only 3) are now doing well.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
aquarium, new aquarium, school

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com