Adding more fish to a 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 1 powder blue Gourami and 10 Harlequin Rasbora. Can I add some panda Corys? or anything else? I do 50% water changes every week. Filtration is 1 Penguin Bio-Wheel which does 100 GPH and another Aqueon Quietflow which does 250 GPH. Parameters are always Ammo 0, NO2 0, and NO3 15

picture_117 said:
I have 1 powder blue Gourami and 10 Harlequin Rasbora. Can I add some panda Corys? or anything else?

I'm not sure but a panda cory is a good choice in terms of a small bottomfeeder. They are on the small side in my opinion. Kuhli loaches or pygmy cories maybe? I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with powder blue gouramis

picture_117 said:
It's a color variation of the Dwarf Gourami

Oh ok that's what I suspected. I would think some bottomfeeders can fit. Panda cories are small for a cory, so are kuhlis. Pygmy cories aren't exactly bottomfeeders but they are super cute. Some nano fish can also be added, like Endlers or something.
What are your water parameters? I wouldn't stock anything unless the tank is stable and able to support additional fish of course

I added the information in my original post.
Well I wanted panda or julii corys, the Gourami and Rasboras already take the top area up, so I wanted something along the bottom.

I think you should go with the pandas. Theyll be fine together, your not that over stocked. Ive got that many fish in my 10 gallon. And more at some point. Add some guppies in there, like 2 really colourful males and a platy. Youll be at a decent stock.

picture_117 said:
I added the information in my original post.
Well I wanted panda or julii corys, the Gourami and Rasboras already take the top area up, so I wanted something along the bottom.

I hear ya. I like the idea of cories. Maybe 6? Pandas and juliis are very suitable choices. Kuhli loaches too, I have never owned them though. Other than that i dont think there is much else besides shrimp! Or a snail. I guess a bristlenose pleco would be cramped. You can do some otos if you have algae.

I think Pandas would do nicely. I have 5 of them in my 20 gal; they are super fun to watch (I took a video of them, if you click on "tank video" in my signature it should bring you to it).

Cool :) You won't be disappointed. Just be careful if you have a sharp substrate b/c they have sensitive barbels and like to dig around for food and they can get injured if the substrate is too sharp. Good luck with them!

Back
Top Bottom