Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gianna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need some help. I’ve had guppies for a while and I always had females and males together so aggression wasn’t much of an issue. However the fry became too much to handle so now I only have males. I have a 29 gallon tank and only 9 guppies and a snail so I know it’s not overcrowding and I change the tank water every week, have live plants etc. however some of the guppies won’t leave others alone and some are constantly stressed and heavily breathing from this. I don’t want to get rid of the aggressive males since I bred them myself and are one of a kind coloring/pattering. Any help?

Hi i know it is not something most people think of they are fish right cant harm anything
truth known they can be very dangerous to their own species .Guessing you don't have a spare tank , But you need to get one even if it is a little 10 gallon. Move the bullies out. because as sure as the sun comes up in the morning (even if you cant see it through cloud ) Those fish left in will kill the other fish either through stress or just kill them outright

Yeah thank you. I ended up giving them to a local fish store.

Back
Top Bottom