Advice on cycle time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacDaddy69

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 150 gallon tank. With two fluval Fx6, three marinland C360, one C220 canister I added 3 weeks ago. I also have one 400 HOB that's been on the tank for 4 months (I had to other but took them off when I got the canister)I know it's overkill by a lot. I'm kinda just getting them ready for my other two 150 gallons tanks I have but can set up until I move. Anyways I have 40 African and 2 featherfin catfish. Now after reading that how long will it take to cycle my tank? I put some bio from my buddies established tank into one of my fluval fx6 canister.(I should have put some in each) I know it's not cycled yet.
My ammonia is at .50 ,ph 8.2 , nitrates 50 and nitrites 0.
I know time will tell but I just wanna have an idea of how long?
My other question is how many fish can I have? Before I got these canister they said 80? But with overkill could I have more? Or will that not change much.

My other concern is with all those could I take some off an not notice a difference or leave them all on my tank.

a855df24cac42c3ed315a88cb84118e4.jpg
bcf22b4ef17e3f6cfd129bbdfd93e49f.jpg
c259dd6c70ab428f51107b89366a087e.jpg

Hi, did you get any nitrites reading? If the tank has been going for 4 months (?) it should be cycled (not sure if reading correctly).

After 4 months your tank should be cycled. The ammonia of 0.5 could just be your baseline from tap water. Nitrate reading of 50 suggests you may need a partial water change. If you added fish recently, this could be a mini cycle.

The number of fishes you can have depends on their size and bioload. I would use aqadvisor.com as a starting point to decide stocking. I'd be very conservative at fisrt and then observe water parameters and bioload in your tank while stocking slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom