Advice on fish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willgent101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just going through my fishless cycling at the moment and planning ahead to what sort of fish I want to get when the tank is ready.

I have a 70L tank with filtration for well above this capacity. I'm setting it up as a tropical tank with a temperature around 24 degrees Celsius.

I'm thinking of getting:
- 5 male guppies
- 2 dwarf gourami
- 3 Otto (maybe a couple of months in once everything with the other fish are settled)

I just wanted your opinions about this combination. I've tried to do a lot of research and I think this can work. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. I want to have happy healthy fish!

I'm a newbie myself but my only advice would to wait quite awhile before getting the ottos. Trust me I know from experience. You want the tank to be pretty well established with a decent amount of biofilm. If you can't wait six months or so for that then look into a biofilm booster like Bacter or something like that. Good luck!

That's a small tank, but you can probably make it work with maticulus tank maintenence and amplified filtration. Male dwarf gouramis often times don't get along in spacious tanks, so keep that in mind. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom