Advice planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmiller383

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_7556.JPGIMG_7553.JPG
So im purchasing a 20gallon aquarium (first picture) and i plan to add substrate and turn it into a live planted tank with some fish and would like advice on easy plants and best substrate maybe even some cool fish.
The second picture is a 12gal planted tank i did by myself a few years ago. I absolutely loved the plants i had in it and i had a bunch of cherry shrimp and some fancy guppies i hardly maintained it and everything worked great (even though everyone said it wouldnt and i sucked at this which i do lol) the plants grew like crazy with just a pig-tail style fluorescent. 7200 color temperature light

Sounds like you already have your answer in the second picture. :)

Anubias, crypts, Java Fern, and Dwarf sag all are easy to take care of and do well in low-to-medium light. Crypts (and I think the Sag) are root feeders and would benefit from root tabs, if you're not using a plant substrate such as eco-complete. The rest take their nutrients from the water column. I like to use an (almost) all-in-one fertilizer, such as Aquarium Co-Op's "Easy Green."

IMG_7563.jpg
I got it. Was super dirty so i cleaned it inside and out and replaced some of the stuff in the filter. Got everything cleaned up and set back up and the gold fish are already eating. I plan to wait a few weeks upgrade the light change the substrate and purchase some plants and maybe fish. Not sure how i feel about the gold fish i know nothing about gold fish[emoji23]

IMG_7568.jpg
Nice and clean. Cant wait to change it to a planted tank

Goldfish are cool fish and live a long time. They are smart, friendly, and have lots of personality. In time that 20 will become too small for them and you will need a 55 gallon tank for the two fish.

Goldfish are cool fish and live a long time. They are smart, friendly, and have lots of personality. In time that 20 will become too small for them and you will need a 55 gallon tank for the two fish.

Okay thanks. Ill probably work on rehoming them soon then

Back
Top Bottom