Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaz77

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi just set up tank on Sunday .just been to my lfs and they have tested my water and said its ready to go ! Yip pee! So what is the best fish that a total newbie can start with and how many do I put in ? Cheers

To be honest your tank probably isnt ready id get your own test kit and test yourself you want to be 110% sure your tank is cycled otherwise your just going to kill your fish read up on cycling your tank if u havent already :)

Thanks I will get a kit ,which is best the paper or the chemistry kit the man at the shop had ! I was crap at school in chemistry.

Hi just set up tank on Sunday .just been to my lfs and they have tested my water and said its ready to go ! Yip pee! So what is the best fish that a total newbie can start with and how many do I put in ? Cheers

By ready to go, they probably mean that all levels are zero. Which is what you'd expect from treated tap water. That doesn't make it safe for fish to live in- it means there is no bacteria to deal with toxins that fish excrete.

If you know someone who can give you a handful of very dirty filter floss it will speed things up by providing a source of nitrate as well as bb. I was reading an article that explained how and why it is quicker to cycle a tank starting with nitrate instead of ammonia but I didn't bookmark it :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom