Advice please for new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dee77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all i have brought a small 7ltr tank for my 2 year old as he wanted a fish its set up with filter gravel etc (no fish yet was told to wait 3 days by pet shop but ive been reading it'll take longer than that to get the tank ready for fish) i also brought some tap safe stuff 2 go in the water but from what ive been reading so far this tank isnt big enuf to keep fish in, also the water is cloudy even tho ive washed the gravel a few times, need some advice on what under water animals would my size tank be suitable for? & how long do i need to wait before adding them to my tank? any advice welcome thanx

small tanks are much harder to regulate then larger tanks. best thing you could probably do is upgrade to like a 20 gallon. but before that you want to look into doing a fishless or a fish in cycle. You have to build up the bacteria in your filter that will eat the fish waste.

I agree. A 20 gallon tank would make things a lot easier for you and give you a lot more options. There is some good information in stickies in the top of the freshwater getting started section. I highly recommend that you read through some of it.

I'd concur with the above regarding a 20gal. If the mind says yes but the budget says no you could go with 2-3 pairs of Red Cherry Shrimp. Again if money is an issue you can go with the same type set up in a 10gal. A few shrimp and maybe 4 - 6 males Endlers would look really nice.

Back
Top Bottom