African dwarf frog or crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BexMann7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right forum. I have a 94ltr tropical aquarium but I want to set up another tank to keep either African dwarf frogs or a type of crab. Which one would anyone recommend as being more interesting to keep? Thanks I’m advance.

Crabs would be more interesting since the frogs barely move. The frogs do sing at night... from what I have heard from my sister in law who has them.

Thankyou, I was leaning more towards crabs but wasn’t sure if they just hide, so Thankyou for your reply. Do you know if your sister in law just keep anything else with them?

She has a couple of tanks but just the 2 frogs in the one tank. I've heard you can keep bettas with them. Species only would be best with either one. The frogs are slow eaters and crabs can be mean to fish.

Hi! I am new to aquarium keeping but I have been doing a TON of research on African Dwarf Frogs, as I find them so interesting.
If you haven’t already, I’d recommend doing some research on them as there are some things to note that are very different about them from fish.
But they can be kept with some friendly fish, if space allows, and I find them to be very interesting little creatures!

Also, I don’t mean to contradict the previous reply but they do move. They like to hang out at the bottom of the tank and have to come up for air since they have lungs, so you at least see them move for that at bare minimum.

I'm not saying that they never move every. But compared to fish, shrimp or even crabs they barely move.

Pom pom crabs. They're peaceful.
Thankyou, I was leaning more towards crabs but wasn’t sure if they just hide, so Thankyou for your reply. Do you know if your sister in law just keep anything else with them?

Back
Top Bottom