Air pump recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M Riley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone :) as you may know I'm a noob. I'm not sure where to post this question. So admins, please bear with me guys… here it goes. Since I've started a 45 gallon freshwater tank, currently in a fish in cycle. One of the first items I purchased was a air pump. It's a 'Top Fin AIR-300' air pump btw. Now it works just fine but it makes too much noise, even inside the tank cabinet base. I would like to find a super quiet air pump. Any brand recommendations, or noise damping techniques that I can apply to my current air pump?

I just set my air pump on a towel personally, but thats not a perfect method since you can still hear it. The whisper pumps are pretty quiet IMO. My friend has one and you don't hear it at all.

I have two different Rena air pumps and I was amazed at how quiet they are. I initially bought a time to shut it down at night, and its so quite I let it run. I have the 200 I think, and the 400 and they are equally as quiet. They are a little spendy, but worth it IMO.

Sean

I run 2 Rena 300's and they make noise. They have a little hum to them. I put them in the box they came in leaving the intake exposed. I put some foam in it and it's. Ice and quite now, plus it's in the stand in another box I got from target.

I just bought the tetra whisper for my 20 gallon and it's pretty quiet. I don't have a tank stand and it just sits on the dresser next to my tank and it's in my bedroom and I can sleep with it running. Eventually I'll set it all up the way I want but I'm doing a fish less cycle and needed the air pump for my angels plus filter

Back
Top Bottom