Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoveriegnR

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is the first time it's happened to me during tank cycling (then again I've only ever put up 2 tanks), let alone ever. Never had algae problems in my previous tank so I'm not sure if what I'm seeing actually is algae or some weird slimy goop that's just normal for a cycling tank full of loads of things heh.

One pic is from the front of the tank, the other is from the top. It's ONLY on the rotala, nothing else. Should I just trim off the effected pieces? or just pull it off gently as I see it?

I should note, my light is a Finnex planted+ LED, my tank is a 20g long, it's been running for almost 3 weeks now, and the light is on a timer. Comes on at about 7am, goes off at 7pm.

dzFxNEH.png

1WWgPQa.png

Yes my tank is very dirty. My gravel was still pretty dirty when it went it and the filter is beginning to spit it back out into the tank @)@ but I don't want to clean it for fear of messing up my ALMOST complete cycle

Cut back your lighting time to around 6 to 8 hrs, and put a couple hour break in the middle of those.

So maybe like 7am to 12pm and then have em turn back on at like 4pm to 7pm?

Or maybe just have it on from like 10am to 3pm? It's the brightest part of the day normally so I mean I guess right?

Back
Top Bottom