Am i overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bassplayerash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm 25 haven't owned a tank in about 8 years, so i would said i'm new to fish keeping and after my tank was all set up and ready to go i was so eager to get fish and wanted everything. I have:-
3x black widow tetra
4x neon tetra
3x gourami (blue/ gold and dwarf)
1x male fighter
1x dojo loach
1x cory
1x bristle pleco
3x shrimp (armoured/ yamato)
3x mountain minow
2x platy.
1x khuli loach

I have an 80 litre tank.

I think i'm overstocked i've had the tank 2+ months and all the fish seem fine. I haven't added any for a month.

Am i overstocked and if so what fish would he best to get rid (give away/ sell)

Btw, the gouramis and fighter get along fine as i've had a lot of people moan that they don't mix but they keep to their own.

Thanks

Yes! U`re overstocked. U can do 1 dwarf gouramí, tetras corys x5 and shrimps. You can use www.aqadvisor.com to see if ur stock is good

Sent from my 801EM using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm 25 haven't owned a tank in about 8 years, so i would said i'm new to fish keeping and after my tank was all set up and ready to go i was so eager to get fish and wanted everything. I have:-
3x black widow tetra
4x neon tetra
3x gourami (blue/ gold and )
1x male fighter
1x dojo loach
1x cory
1x bristle pleco
3x mountain minow
2x platy.
1x khuli loach

I have an 80 litre tank.

I think i'm overstocked i've had the tank 2+ months and all the fish seem fine. I haven't added any for a month.

Am i overstocked and if so what fish would he best to get rid (give away/ sell)

Btw, the gouramis and fighter get along fine as i've had a lot of people moan that they don't mix but they keep to their own.

Thanks
Yup bad over stocked, you need to get rid of all other groumai except the dwarf and decide if you want to keep it or the fighter. All tetras, khuil loaches, and cories need a school of 5 or more so I would go with neons as Ty are smaller and have a Lower bioload and rehome the black skirts. Get rid of the dojo and/or the khuil loach ( they need a school). I would also get rid of the moutain minnows or mabye a small school of 5 but they are cold water fish so I wouldn't keep tem

Yes, I know what you mean with the male fighter and gourami. I find it works for a bit and then eventually I have to separate.

3x black widow tetra
4x neon tetra
3x gourami (blue/ gold and dwarf)
1x male fighter
1x dojo loach
1x cory
1x bristle pleco
3x mountain minow
2x platy.
1x khuli loach
Thanks

Black widow tetras and neon tetras need groups of 6, get rid of them.
Gourami's cannot be together. Keep the dwarf.
Male fighter or dwarf gourami, choose. Also yiur male fighter may bully the platy.
Dojo and khuli loach they also need schools, get rid of them.
Cory need groups of 5 or more. Get rid of them.
Plecos need like 55+ gallon tanks
Minows are cold water.
Platy- I like platy's
Shrimp- keep shrimp, they do not impact ammonia

Water are water parameters?

Pick 9, 1-2 inch fish.
I'd go with 6 tetras, 1 dwarf gourami, 2 platy.

Can I ask why didn't you do any research or ask this prior to obtaining all the fish?

You are beyond overstocked.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can I ask why didn't you do any research or ask this prior to obtaining all the fish?

You are beyond overstocked.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is absolutely counter productive philip, not everyone is born with the answer sheet, some need guidance after the fact.. I was there too.. hey Op. We're glad you found us and we will give you the best we can in getting that tank of yours happy and healthy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The bristlenose pleco should be fine in your tank as it only gets to about 4 inches or so. As for the other fish, you've got a mishmash of fish and you are defintiely overstocked. you need to follow the advice here and choose one school of neon tetras, say 6-8, keep the dwarf gourami, add three or four more cories and keep the shrimp and the BN pleco. You could possibly add another shoal of rasboras or ember tetra, again no more than five. Rehome or return everything else. I'dd also add some easy, low light plants as well like hornwort or anacharis to help manage your bioload.

Phillp, i'm new to this and i am currently in the process of trying to rehome the gouramis and a few others as i don't want them taken back to the store as i want them to be treated well, thanks for the advice everyone, it's been really helpful ! :)

Back
Top Bottom