Ammonia dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi! You could just add a few drops, let it circulate for a half hour, test the ammonia with the test kit, if you need more add a few more drops, and repeat the whole thing until you get to 4 ammonia on the API kit and just count your drops as you go along. There's also a fishless cycle calculator that will tell you how much to dose: Calculator

It took me 1.75ml of ammonia to get to 4ppm in my 29gallon tank.

I just use a 5ml syringe and put in .5ml at a time, waited 20 minutes, tested, and finally after a total of 1.75ml I got to 4ppm.

I used a measuring lid off one of the sample bottles of water clearer that came with my tank. I dosed somewhere close to 4ml in my 25 gallon. It put my ammonia level somewhere in the 4-5 ppm range.

There are approximately 20 drops in 1ml. There are 5ml in one teaspoon. 15ml in one tablespoon. Using the calculator linked above and these conversions you should be able to dose fairly accurately and easily.

it took me 10ml to get to 4ppm in my 37g. Go to Target and ask the pharmacy people for dosing syringes or cups. They gave me 5 of them free.

Back
Top Bottom