Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Angelfish and Zebra Danios

We are currently stocking our FW tank as some know. We really want 1 angelfish. Currently we have 5 zebra danios and 6 cory catfish. Does anyone have personal experience with Angelfish and Zebra Danios in same tank? We only want 1 angelfish. Website I looked at for compatibility said they would work together, the fish store that we have locally says it would be ok, but other websites have said not to mix them together so I would really like someone's opinion who currently has them together or has had them together at one point. Also it is 75 gallons. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G360P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 08-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis32 View Post
We are currently stocking our FW tank as some know. We really want 1 angelfish. Currently we have 5 zebra danios and 6 cory catfish. Does anyone have personal experience with Angelfish and Zebra Danios in same tank? We only want 1 angelfish. Website I looked at for compatibility said they would work together, the fish store that we have locally says it would be ok, but other websites have said not to mix them together so I would really like someone's opinion who currently has them together or has had them together at one point. Also it is 75 gallons. Thanks

At some point, your Angelfish will be large enough to eat your Zebra danios. The way most avoid this is to put the Angel and Zebras in the tank at the same time and when the Angel is small. No guarantees however. They tend to not see them as food when they grow up together with them. Since you will be supplying the food, they don;t look at the Zebras as food. The caviat to that is if you forget to feed your fish or if you are underfeeding, the Zebras may start disappearing.

Hope this helps

Old 08-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks. Since my Danios are pretty good size, hopefully I would be ok.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I wouldn't worry about just 1 angel though. Be sure to get a small one. I got mines when they were as big as a nickel.

Zebra get quite big (like a platty), so eventually cannot be eaten by angels.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Tags
angel, angelfish, danio, danios, fish, zebra, zebra danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com