Angels & Rainbows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacyz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm switching over to a planted community tank..... getting out of my cichlids... lol ok so tge question is can angels be kept with Rainbow fish? I've heard they can be aggressive...????

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Depending on the size of the tank Angels and Rainbowfish work together fine. What size tank are they going in an Angelfish pair need at least a 29g tank. Larger rainbows prefer more swimming room and also attain a good size when mature so you need a large tank to house both.

75 gallon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes you can do both in that size tank. Just be sure to get 1 or 2 females for every 1 male rainbow you get.

All male rainbows have always worked for me, you get one Alpha and the rest just happily do their own thing. No aggressiveness over females and they are all colourful and can mix varieties. I find gourami more suited to go with Rainbows. Angels act like barriers to the Rainbows swimming routes!

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago! I had a 90 mbuna tank for a couple years and last summer switched it up to tropical. I got a few large schools of various tetras and they basically killed each other off. It was horrible and now I don't particularly care for serpaes... :/ anyway, a few months ago I got some Australian rainbowfish and a quarter size angel. It's a great setup and they are great with the pictus cats, cories and rams. I don't think it'll be an issue and my angel thinks she's one of the rainbows and swims with them all the time lol.

Back
Top Bottom