Angels in a 20 or 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Umm.. no, I don't get any help managing and moving my tanks around. Also, can you list those websites where they sell those tanks for free:)
I could be rude and completely ignore you but I am only trying to help, I don't have help with my tanks either and I have 3 30 gallon tanks, I wasn't saying that to be rude I say that for the fishes health everyone here on this app only trys to help I understand taking care of fish isn't easy or cheap but angle fish can easily get hurt in small tanks because people over fill them with plastic decorations, if you did the 20 gallon, and 20 gallon long would be better if you could find one, just dont do alot of decorations and do plenty of live plants and places to hide of they need to as sometimes when in small areas fish will nip at each other's fins and that can cause lots of stress.

Are you on Facebook Marketplace ? Or Craigslist? Awesome deals there.

Also on Facebook, is there a neighborhood group? Perhaps you have someone very close to you? I recently found a neighbor with fresh mulberry leaves for my shrimp. Her daughter has a betta tank and a small tank she planned for shrimp. I gave her some starter plants and then a month later a bunch of baby shrimp. It’s great to share with neighbors.

I have never attempted a betta sorority. I’ve heard to many stories about fights and was not willing to risk it.

Craiglist always see stuff at least around where I live.

And although I don't do Facebook myself I can see postings and family mention free stuff all the time. Especially time sensitive items like needs to gobtoday moving. Need to be able to act fast. As well as curb alerts.

Thrift stores, like humane society, Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity ReStore all will have things for sale, and after acertain amount of time and or certain color tags can be 30% off to 50% off. Often including stands. I have seen 20, 29 & 55G with stand and misc stuff for around $25.

The aquarium meetings in Colorado for Colorado Aquarium Society offers special drawings for youth when there are seasonal auctions. You may have local meetings.

I always see free Guppies, and other livebearers posted on CL.

Though with so little space and a huge personal experience of too many babies (got rid of about 300 tiny fry to adults) last month. Male fancy Guppies and Endlers are excellent, very fun little guys to keep together. In all ove 10 years only had 1 male Guppy which was a angry little guy and bullied the others and he was moved out.

In my wine glass build 7.5 gallons there are 5 male Guppies and a male Betta with Ghost shrimp and some Dwarf / Pygmy Cories (just saw eggs but I think the shrimp probably eat them).

It has all low to medium low light plants and is one of my very easy and most fun tanks to watch.

someone who just goes on the web and youtube and sees tanks like 20 gallons long and theres like 3 goldfish in it

Same here - plus go into store and there are boxes of small tanks with goldfish swimming on them [emoji20] I suspect we’ve all been there just starting out - it’s a learning curve.

FYI I am NOT trolling, but someone who just goes on the web and youtube and sees tanks like 20 gallons long and theres like 3 goldfish in it; sry if it irritates u :(

Also, I've heard that a 20 gallon long is like a 29 gallon, because the footprint is the same...
Now I'm no goldfish expert but in a 20 gallon I would maybe put ONE fancy goldfish and then 2 for a 29/30 gallon tank. Common goldfish get WAY bigger than fancy goldfish and probably need more than double the tank size.

I think we’ve been over this a couple of times tbh. Here the fancy goldfish get to double hand size. I believe I’ve seen smaller adult fancy goldfish advertised but never looked into if they are miniature versions (like cattle I guess) or something else going on (as I like my plants too much).

Craiglist always see stuff at least around where I live.

Is Craiglist social media:whistle: I'm under thirteen.

Also do you have to drive a lot? My dad charges transportation.

Also, the one time I went on craiglist just because KGTropicals recommended it, then everything was even more expensive than amazon...

I'll try again

FYI I only have 2 friends in the neighborhood, and theyre both overstocked. One has a common in a 5 gallon. the other didn't specify which goldfish but had 4 in a 46 gallon

My regular Angels allowed to grow up in a large tank became the size of my medium woman's size hand - opened up fingers spread out, and we're talking a 72G. TMaiers recent little baby Angel has grown by leaps and bounds as an example. So I don't think I could even say if you were planning on upgrading in a year, but more like 6 months.

Yes the fish would fit, but even my 72G bowfront tank with these big adult, matured Angels and beautiful long fins, it was too short really for them! They need room for living their life. Which would be preferred a dinky dorm room or an "american dream" sized 2000 foot home? Relative speaking in terms of tanks.

Fish swim around, a lot.

Excuse me, when you say to short do you mean height? I’m slightly concerned with my tank. I am wanting to put 5 angels in my new 125, but I am concerned it is too short (20 inches) for the angelfish height

Not more than 3 or 4
They still get 2 inches big but I would recommend a 30 gallon to have angle fish period.

Would they do better in a 20 gallon long than a 20 gallon high, since they get short? I can't really afford anything larger than a 20 long Sry just tell me if its bad to keep them in a 20 long

Which would be a more suitable home for fish... a 20 gallon long with 3 leopolds, which means I have to save up a looooooot more since leopolds are like $40 apiece, OR a male betta, 10-12ish pygmy cories, blue velvet shrimp, and a swarm of enders, and in each tank 1 or 2 amazon swords, bacopa, duckweed, and possibly some java fern; can you pls recommend some carpet plants:) (Tell me if that's overstocking)

Or a breeding pair of convict cichlids, but I'm not sure if they have personality?

Convicts have personality all right, it is nice to see them in group interactions though because they’re always bickering!

When I was ten I got my first fish tank (10 gallon) and my moms coworker gave me 8 convicts. They all lived in that ten gallon surprisingly. I also had 2 breeding pairs in there. No babies lived due to how crowded.

Although that is not recommended it just shows how resilient they are

If convicts arent fine, then I can make the goldfish tank 29 gallons with 350 gph... would that be suitable?

I would not do goldfish in anything less than a 50. They get up to 10 inches.

But I’d say you could do convicts (3) in a twenty, or 5 in a 29.

They’re really durable to water conditions, just a question of territory.

I’m talking about convict cichlids not angelfish.

No experience with puffers

Back
Top Bottom