another fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
as some of you know i'm in the midst of a fishless cycle but i've been contemplating which kind of fish to get.... so here's my question

would a school of any kind of tetras do? or should i avoid some?
i want to get 6-7 tetras
3 cories
3 ghost shrimp

does it matter what kind of tetras i get? or should i keep in mind if they get to big? my LFS doesn't have some and the local Petco is umm =\

the suggestions have thus been... cardinal tetras, glow lites... any other suggestions of ur favorites kinds? thanks!

My favorite tetra is the Rummy Nose Tetra. They dont get very big, are excellent schooling fish, and are not hard to care for.

I vote for the rummy nose tetras too. I'm also quite fond of black neons and harlequin rasboras. :D

Neons, neons, neons...errr....ummm.. well i'm kinda partial to neons but yeah the rummynose are cool. most any of the tetras are really neat in large schools. :mrgreen:

i'm with everyone else, put me down for rummynose! i have some in my tank, and am thinking about adding a few more. they add such nice color and activity to the tank :D

Back
Top Bottom