Another n00b question session...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey again all. When my girlfriend and I originally purchased our tank we got one of those 'all in one' systems with a filter, hood, and tank along with some other goodies. I was wondering if this stock filter is going to be good enough for the tank I have going? (10 gal with 3 albino corys, 6 black skirt tetras, 3 zebra danios, and a male betta for those who haven't read my previous thread)

As I've said I just want to make sure I'm providing a suitable habitat for the fish. The filter that came with the system is a Regent Aqua-Tech 5-15. Any insight you have would be appreciated.

If the filter is rated for 5-15, you should be ok. But look at the gph rating on the filter if you can. When you're buying separately, you want to go (I just read this on this site yesterday from shawmutt) 6-10 times the volume of your tank. In a 10 gallon tank, you want 60-100 gph of filtration. That is a good rule of thumb to follow IMO

Back
Top Bottom