Another Newbie ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodibug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is up and running and cycled and has fish in it that are doing well. I'd like to add a school of about 8 danios (I'm thinking zebra) next. Since my tank is established can I add them all at once or do I need to still only do max 4 at a time? If I do 4 now, 4 later is there a chance they won't school together?

This depends on a few things. How big is your tank as well as how did you cycle it? Also, how long has it been since you last added fish?

The fish will school together if added at different times so that's not something I would really worry about.

I have a 29 gallon with a penguin 350 filter and live plants which I cycled fishless. It's only been a few days since I last added fish so I'm waiting at least 2 weeks before adding more. If they will school when added at different times I'll do it that way. Thanks.

I have a 29 gallon with a penguin 350 filter and live plants which I cycled fishless. It's only been a few days since I last added fish so I'm waiting at least 2 weeks before adding more. If they will school when added at different times I'll do it that way. Thanks.

I have three zebra danios right now and I love them they're such a fun active fish to have in a tank. I'm definitely looking to add more it's nice to know they'll school together if added at diff times

What fish do you currently have stocked?

Blue dwarf gourami, 5 skirt tetra and a ghost catfish which I'll be returning. I'd like to add about 8 danios and another small school of some sort of tetra probably.

Back
Top Bottom