Another post about stocking a 12g fluvalwhat edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starryeyed171

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello fish people! :)

Ok so yes, the 12g fluval edge is a pretty tank and I got caught up in aesthetics and only now realize that I can't really put what I thought I could put in it - so I need help.

So currently in my tank I have a white holey rock, drift wood, Java fern, moss balls and some fake plants (go easy on me here), my substrate is a buff colored sand. I plan on adding Java moss and some other tall background plant this week.

This is what I'm thinking fish wise:

A school of neon tetras OR harlequin rasboras (6)

Guppies - (3) 2 female 1 male

Pygmy cory cats - (4)

Is this too much? I think it is by 1 or 2 fish but if I do frequent water changes and keep my tank heavily planted then I think I'll be ok. If this set up doesn't work at all what are my other options?

I should mention I started a shrimp tank, RCS and bought ten and seriously cannot find them. So, no shrimp in this fluval edge as I want to actually see and enjoy what I buy.

Thank you!

I have this tank also. Let me tell you, it's a beauty but getting a fish back out of it is really hard. If it were me I'd do the harlequin rasboras and pygmy corys. Fyi the light is not extremely conducive to plant growth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom