Another week, another mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokey11

Aquarium Advice Regular
This morning, I turned to C02 on hoping to let my plants catch up on sunlight & photosynthesize because I missed a day over the weekend. I didn't get off work till late. By the time I got home was 10pm and nearly all my shrimps died.

Was this due to too much C02 in the water? so I basically suffocated my shrimps? My tetras and guppies (though distressed) are still alive.

greetings.

it is generally said that CO2 causes problems when the level reaches 30ppm+, so unless your reading instrument is wrong it is likely a different problem all together.

Do you have a drop checker?
This is basically a mandatory piece of equipment for a CO2 injected tank.

You need to put that CO2 on a timer (or a pH controller) and adjust your BPS to hold a nice green color in the drop checker. It will take time to get it tweaked, I would not leave it unattended for long until you have tweaked the system.

Do you have a drop checker?
This is basically a mandatory piece of equipment for a CO2 injected tank.

You need to put that CO2 on a timer (or a pH controller) and adjust your BPS to hold a nice green color in the drop checker. It will take time to get it tweaked, I would not leave it unattended for long until you have tweaked the system.

I only have the spiral thing that allows you to see CO2 bubbles and also a diffuser pad on the top. I see check out these drop checkers on my next visit

Back
Top Bottom