Any action to be taken here? - Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta4me

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good Morning! I've been cycling my tank and documenting my results for a couple weeks now and everything has been going like it should according to the fishless cycling article on this site. I want to post my results over the last few days, could you let me know at this point what I need to do..if anything at all?

1/21
NO2 - .50
NH3 - 3
NO3 - 20-30

1/22
NO2 - 1
NH3 - 2
NO3 - didn't test

1/23
NO2 - 1.5 - 2
NH3 - 1.5 - 2
NO3 - didn't test
ADDED AMMONIA

1/24
NO2 - 2
NH3 - 4
NO3 - didn't test

1/25
NO2 - 4
NH3 - 2
NO3 - 40-50 (the colors are so close, it's hard to tell, I would say higher than 40 but below 80)

Thanks, as always I appreciate your advice.

Everything appears on track, let the cycle run. When you're ammonia starts bottoming out, Continue to dose until the nitrItes bottom out to.

How long did it take to get your ammonia to drop, also let us know how long it takes for nitrites...

Since I started dosing, it's been about 1 1/2 - maybe 2 weeks before I started seeing significant drops. I dosed ammonia last night and am expecting to have to dose again tonight, it's dropping really fast and the nitrites are spiking which is good, just waiting for them to drop now and will return to this thread when they do.
I did seed the filter with media from my 10G to help push things along.
I have a 55G, using a Fluval 405 Canister. I also have a bubble wall for extra O2.

Back
Top Bottom