Any cool fish you can put in a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy_lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys :) I'm just wondering what type fish that are interesting and fun to watch that can go in a 10 gallon :) I really like Cory's they are super cute :D , oh and p.s I'm going to put my beautiful betta in there , right now he is in a 3 gallon :) and my other betta is in a 1 gallon :( but don't worry the 1 gal. Is temporary until I get the 10 gal. Than the one in the 1 gal. Is going in the 3 gal. :) so I got it all planned out

image-2505342026.jpg
This is my betta yuki

image-4054459556.jpg this is my betta sushi

Tht his is my betta sushi

I'm not sure if the Betta would bother corys or not. You could add a few neon tetras in there. I've just had a 10 gallon open up and I'll be doing that with some shrimp

I'm not sure if the Betta would bother corys or not. You could add a few neon tetras in there. I've just had a 10 gallon open up and I'll be doing that with some shrimp

My betta fish has two ghost shrimp with him and he does fine with them and awesome I love shrimps they're cute

Are you planning on putting the dwarf puffer with the betta? I don't think that's a good idea. One of them will not last long.

Are you planning on putting the dwarf puffer with the betta? I don't think that's a good idea. One of them will not last long.

No ! The dwarf puffer is going in a 5.5 gallon by it's self , I'm only getting ONE

I've had cories with my betta be they were fine.DONT ADD NEON TETRAS OR PLATTIES OR GUPPIES i had them and totally annoyed betta and nipped while not looking

Leatherback1 said:
I've had cories with my betta be they were fine.DONT ADD NEON TETRAS OR PLATTIES OR GUPPIES i had them and totally annoyed betta and nipped while not looking

I haven't had issues with bettas and neons or bettas and guppies, but every betta is different. I had a HMPK male with guppies, females with guppies, a veil male with neons and females with neons. No issues. But, a 10 is a little small for neons when it comes to swim space and a little small for platies when it comes to bioload. So neither are great choices for a 10 gallon - but I wouldn't say platies, guppies, and neons should never be kept with bettas.

I'm getting a 10g soon of 5 female bettas, 4 pygmy cories, 3 otocinclus vestitus, and 2 african dwarf frogs.

Back
Top Bottom