Any Helpful Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yellowjacket171

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was getting tired of my test tubes falling over when I would test my water. So last night I came up with an idea. I found my kids little cup that you can stick a straw through, it has a soft cover. I found my test tube fit through the small hole perfectly and therefore sliced a few more small X's, have to be X's, into the cover and I have a test tube holder. They fit snuggly so they don't slide and no more tipping over. So when I need to use them I tip them upright and when I need to dry them I put a paper towel at the bottom of the cup and turn them upside down, snap on the lid until next time. And the test tube covers also fit into the bottom of the cup so I don't loose them. You could use a small cottage cheese container, coolwhip container, etc. I also keep my aquarium salt in a clear plastic canister with a plastic measuring spoon inside, much easier to get out than trying to pour or scoop out of the salt carton.
Any more Ideas? Pass them on.

I haven't had issues with test tubes falling over but it was always a hassle to get the test tubes filled with water at the correct level. I would put the tub in the tank and fill it up... then try to pour out the excess only to inevitably pour out too much. So I purchased an oral syringe from the supermarket. Makes it so much easier to fill that test tube up using the syringe and helps ensure my tests are accurate since I can fill it precisely to the water mark line no problem! :)

Back
Top Bottom