API Quick Start vs Tetra SafeStart Plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pebbles28

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been having issues cycling my tank and have been doing research. I see a lot of good reviews for API Quick Start and Tetra SafeStart Plus but I am curious which one works for everyone else or which you would recommend. And if you don't like either, what other suggestions to you have for products to help?

Ive never used either, so cant comment on them. If you are looking for other suggestions however ive had best results with Dr Tims One and Only, and had some success with Fluval Cycle. The best option however is to use some media or sponges from an established filter if you have access to such.

I've been having issues cycling my tank and have been doing research. I see a lot of good reviews for API Quick Start and Tetra SafeStart Plus but I am curious which one works for everyone else or which you would recommend. And if you don't like either, what other suggestions to you have for products to help?

I've not used either. I have, however, used Dr. Tim's "One and Only" on several tanks and, following the instructions carefully, it's worked great every time.

Back
Top Bottom