Apple snail with Clown loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cinder

Aquarium Advice Regular
Knowing how much Clown loaches love to eat snails would they also kill/eat a large Apple snail?

They may be ok for a while, however I think eventually they will eat or kill them. I would recommend Kuhli loaches instead. Hopefully someone can confirm this but I am almost positive that the clowns will.

i got a tag along snail on my amazon sword plant, it was big, size of a nickle in diameter. My clown loach had him in one night. Sorry, clowns LOVE snails

I had a clown loach eat through the shell of a freshwater clam that was over 3 inches long... If its got a hard shell and a soft inside, its just a matter of time.

tdalessa01 said:
They may be ok for a while, however I think eventually they will eat or kill them. I would recommend Kuhli loaches instead. Hopefully someone can confirm this but I am almost positive that the clowns will.

i have kuhlis, and i dont reccommend them, they are excessively insecure, hide always, and when they do come out, they dart around the tank like idiots hitting every fish in their way, as they start swimming around the heater, or the left side of the tank, some bizziare ritual.

seriously, pay the extra $1 and get yourself some friendly dojo loaches

Back
Top Bottom