Aquarium newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffreyBowers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys!

So I have done some browsing at the fish shops here in Toronto and have found two aquariums I like and that are in my price range around 200 for my first aquarium. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about either of these I'm very open to ideas and suggestions.

The two kits contain the filter. Heater. Lights. Ect

1) fluval 26 gallon bow front led kit
2) the Aqueon deluxe kit 36g bowfront

I really enjoy the size of the Aqueon but after reading these forums it seems that's fluval is the top of the line for aquariums.

The fish I am looking to get is a pair of dwarf Rams.

I also know they like good water quality so I would need some starter fish to get the aquarium cycled and make sure the water is perfect for them since they are sensitive and I want them to love a good life.

Basically I was wondering if you think the fish would more so appreciate the bigger siZe of the Aqueon or the quality filtration on a smaller tank that as I seem to understand is the better brand( if that is the case just going from what I've read).

Also what you would reccomend for some fish to get my tank going and healthy for a fish in cycle that would be okay to mix with the Rams)

Any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

do you know anybody with an established tank in your area? or perhaps your local fish stores will give you some bacteria? that is a great way to speed up the process, if you can get a hold of some good bacteria.

as for the kits, i cant really help you there. every single one of my tanks was either bought used on the cheap, or picked up on the side of the road for free. it's amazing, the deals that are out there.

Hey man, from Mississauga.
You should read up on fishless cycle for your water set up. It's more humane but it takes a bit longer its better for introducing new fish. I'm in the process of setting up a new tank soon, but I have some fish in another tank which will be moving soon.
Ask questions on here the people here will help you. I hope this helps good luck.[emoji225]

Clem

Personally, I would check Kijiji. There are a ton of good deals in TO for complete set ups.

If you don't mind the drive to Hamilton I can provide established media to help you out.
PM me if interested we can figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom