Aquatop AT300

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooltop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok this canister came with instructions what so ever. How are the 3 media trays post to be installed it came with carbon. Filter foam and bio balls. Also are u post to leave the carbon and bio stuff in there little net bags they came in ?

It looks similar to a Fluval 305 in design ... you can skip the carbon, use it if you need to remove meds. Put the Bioballs and the ceramic rings in the bottom and middle tray, then consider putting poly-fill in the top tray .... I assume the foam pads have their own place they go?

Hopefully ... a member that has one will reply with other suggestions. I do not have bio-balls so I'm not sure if it's best they go above or below the ceramic rings.

The foam is in one tray I guess it's purpose is to filter out stuff so looks like I would replace it with the poly fil. So do I take the ceramic rings out of there bag there in or do they stay in it ? This is my first canister also. I think I should have got a different on I think

Ok ... so it sounds like the foam (mechanical Filter) goes in one of the three media trays. If so, then the foam goes in the bottom most tray ... fill up the tray with the foam. Are the trays divided into two sections/ chambers .... like in the Fluvals 305?

If so Bio-Balls in one chamber ... ceramic rings in the second ... then Polyfill in the last chamber before the water returns to the tank (last minute mechanical filter. Plus BB will grow in all that media.

I have a Fluval 404 .. the main difference is my foam pads have a tray like holder they stick to ... followed by 4 media trays.
I'll say keep the rings in their media bag, as long as water gets in there ... the BB will grow.

There just a big tray where do you get the poly fill ?

Attachments

• image-3284844483.jpg
    image-3284844483.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 110
One of the members .. Mr. Limpet gets it at crafts stores I believe ... Like Michaels arts and crafts. You can get a big bag that will last for months at an inexpensive price. You can get it at LFS but I'd imagine they'd be more expensive. The filter cotton you have serves the same purpose, but it doesn't look like it's big enough to really filter out particles. Send a PM to Mr. Limpet for the poly-fill details, you can definitely get it at crafts stores ... just make sure it has no additives ... just poly-fill.

Next time I go to Michaels I'm getting some.

Cool thanks. Do u have an extra Hob on your tank ?

No ...not yet ... I'm just running a Fluval 404 which I inherited from my brother in law and set up before I joined AA. I have two trays full of bio-max plus the bottom tray has carbon which by now is no longer chemically filtering the tank. When carbon gets "clogged" it becomes part of the biological filter and bacteria grow on it as well.

On my next filter maintenance, I intend on removing the carbon and putting pre-filter on the bottom tray, keep the bio-max in the middle two and poly-fill on the top ... which acts like a polisher to give you crystal clear water. I will be getting an HOB (20 gallon capacity) for some extra filtration ... but really more to be my filter for my qt / hospital tank.

Back
Top Bottom