are my fiddle carbs sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flower girl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys well im not sure i think somethings wrong with my fiddle crabs,they are not eating ,they are not moving around so much are they sick ?is this normal ?any ideas? i poked 2 of my fiddle crabs and NO movement ???

.I use the shrimp pellets
.i use the aqueon water conditioner in the water
.3-4 inches of water in tank
.there is land for air but not much

hey guys well im not sure i think somethings wrong with my fiddle crabs,they are not eating ,they are not moving around so much are they sick ?is this normal ?any ideas? i poked 2 of my fiddle crabs and NO movement ???

.I use the shrimp pellets
.i use the aqueon water conditioner in the water
.3-4 inches of water in tank
.there is land for air but not much

they might be molting

they all died :(

they either are molting or they died, if they are molting leave them in there for a l;ittle bit, do not disturb them while they are molting that will cause them stress and they may die. if they died, then it might have been because poor water conditions, or old age.

tell us about the setup you have.

what size aquarium?

what are the water parameters?

what are the tank mates?

tank ..18x12 its small:(
i used the water conditioner in the water ( person at the store told me to use it )
it was just the fiddle crabs in there 3 of them

but today i went and got a halloween crab and i have the heater , more land.i did not like the rocks in my tank so now its sand . i have a little puddle in there where he can go in the water . the temp its 80 in there .....i am doing anything wrong ? if so please tell me because i dont want him to die.

Fiddler crabs must have brackish water and access to land. If you are keeping them in a freshwater aquarium type set up, they will die quickly.

Halloween crabs require completely different conditions then fiddlers, and are not suitable for aquarium living. These are terrestrial crabs (land crabs). I would recommend you start researching them.

Back
Top Bottom