are these dimensions adequate for pygmy/dwarf corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambithegirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,

I have a 30L tank, 45cm length, 25 width and 30 depth. I have decided to get one male betta and a small school of either pygmy or dwarf corys when my tank is cycled but I just need to know if the bottom area will be adequate.

I also have one piece of driftwood and some rocks which take up space. Do they need a big open area or do they like hiding?

Plus apparently my gravel is too coarse for them, can I just add a layer of sand on top?

Thanks and happy new year!!

If your gravel is too coarse then putting sand on top would be pointless as it would eventually fall through the gravel putting you where you started.
But if you replace your gravel completely with sand then you might get away with a betta and 6 Pygmy cories.
Hope I helped!
Good luck and happy new year to you as well!

That makes sense! What a mission but I will have to do it. Will they be happy with the limited space or should I take some of the rocks out?

I have 3 but 2 of them are propped up against each other which makes a tunnel. I think I will remove the third one. So will fine sand be good for the cory's? Will I still be able to use gravel vacuum on sand?
:fish2:

I have heard that with sand to vacuum it you do not stick it in the sand, but instead move it in small circles just a half inch above the sand. Also I don't think six is a good idea. I would stick with four.

Back
Top Bottom