Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2021, 07:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Baby Bristlenose Plecos

Hi all. Hope it’s ok for me to make a new thread with a different question.

So I have a new 160L tank (which I believe is about 42 US gal). It’s currently going through a fishless cycle.

I’ve planned out what I would like to put in my community tank, and checked it on AqAdvisor to make sure my stocking levels are ok and that shoaling fish have enough companions etc. As part of this mix, I was planning to get 1 BN pleco as I read they are perfectly happy living without others of their species. I have caves etc ready for him / her to claim.

The problem is that I went to my local store today and the BN plecos they have are tiny - probably just over an inch long. I think they’re absolutely adorable, but I wondered how fair it would be to put just one in a community tank? They look so young and tiny, that I’d worry he’d be lonely or something… especially in a 160L tank. What do you guys think? Would a baby pleco so young need a same species companion? Or would the other community fish be ok?

Thanks.

Old 09-15-2021, 04:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

I dont see an issue with adding a single BN pleco into a peaceful community tank.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiken Drum View Post
I dont see an issue with adding a single BN pleco into a peaceful community tank.
Thank you.

Tags
baby, bristlenose, nose, plec, pleco, plecos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com