Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2020, 05:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Baby goldfish

Hi

My goldfish is about ten months old and is gasping for air when my air pump is on and when its off it is fine , ,i have 1 large ornament in my tank it is a 24l tank , i got it 2 days ago and my fish yesterday.

What should i do ?

Old 03-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok. Your tank wasn't cycled before the fish was added so you need to look up fish in cycling. You can find articles on this website.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/i-jus...fish-what-now/

24l isn't a big enough tank for a goldfish but you can deal with that later.
Goldfish are extremely messy fish and produce a lot of waste so water changes are going to be your best friend here. If you have an airstone/pump that will help as well.

Tags
baby, fish, gold, goldfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com