Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Baby Shrimp- Help!

A couple of weeks ago I got some cherry shrimp for the first time ever. I thought one might be pregnant but wasn't sure. Unfortunately, despite my water being fine, all the shrimp died. However, I just spotted a baby shrimp. I have no idea what to do! All I have is shrimp food and fish food. I have a snail and neon tetras in the tank as well..... I would really like for this baby to survive... What do I do? I also need to do a water change, how do I do that without hurting the shrimp?

Old 05-09-2021, 09:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Update: have spotted at least one more so their may be more than just one that survived

Old 05-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

You could put them in a separate tank or get one of those little divider container things to protect them from the fish. As far as the water change goes, you could put a pre-filter sponge over the siphon intake to prevent them from getting sucked in if that's what you're worried about. A big shift in water parameters might be an issue, but what are you gonna do, not do a water change (maybe someone would advise that, I'm not an expert)?

Tags
baby, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com