Baby Shrimp- Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaffodil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A couple of weeks ago I got some cherry shrimp for the first time ever. I thought one might be pregnant but wasn't sure. Unfortunately, despite my water being fine, all the shrimp died. However, I just spotted a baby shrimp. I have no idea what to do! All I have is shrimp food and fish food. I have a snail and neon tetras in the tank as well..... I would really like for this baby to survive... What do I do? I also need to do a water change, how do I do that without hurting the shrimp?

Update: have spotted at least one more so their may be more than just one that survived

You could put them in a separate tank or get one of those little divider container things to protect them from the fish. As far as the water change goes, you could put a pre-filter sponge over the siphon intake to prevent them from getting sucked in if that's what you're worried about. A big shift in water parameters might be an issue, but what are you gonna do, not do a water change (maybe someone would advise that, I'm not an expert)?

Back
Top Bottom