Back again! What is new?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingtrees

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am back into the aquarium game. I have a 55 gallon and a stand that currently has succulents in it. I will be converting it to a freshwater tank, hopefully full of shoaling fish and maybe a pair of something more exotic with live plants.

Anyway, the point of this post is to find out what is new in the world of aquariums? Haven't ever used a canister filter but still have a hang on the back filter (rated for 50 gallons). I have one 24inch T-5 light but am very interested in new LED fixtures. Thinking about seachem flourite for the substrate but have never used it before.

Let me know what you all think, hoping to start building soon!

Just be careful with the Flourite. It is very dusty/dirty. You will be washing it out for hours for a 55 gallon tank. I have it in my 10 gallon planted and even after 45 minutes of washing it in a 5 gallon bucket, it was still dirty. Put it in and used 2 filters to get the water clean for the next 2 days. However, after it all settled down, not an issue at all.

Just be careful with the Flourite. It is very dusty/dirty. You will be washing it out for hours for a 55 gallon tank. I have it in my 10 gallon planted and even after 45 minutes of washing it in a 5 gallon bucket, it was still dirty. Put it in and used 2 filters to get the water clean for the next 2 days. However, after it all settled down, not an issue at all.
Is there any other similar substrate you have used for live plants and enjoyed more?

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom