bacterial battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
i've been fighting bacterial disease for well over 2 months in my freshwater planted tank. I made a mistake of purchasing 3 guppies in an auction which were probably infected. Anyways, after the dust settled, i'm still left with this strange disease that causes a reddness on my fish's stomach near the anal. I imeddiately got rid of the swordtail because the red was BRIGHT CHERRY red 8O and the scales on that area was coming out. (it was an awful sight) I thought i got rid of the problem, but i'm seeing other fish with the same symptoms except less red. What is this and what medication treats this disease?

If the fish have survived for 2 months like this, they may not be comfortable but it probably isn't fatal. I suspect that you've got something parasitic rather then bacterial.
Could be skin flukes. Could be intestinal.

I would try something like Parasite Clear from Jungle Labs first. If that doesn't solve the problem, look for any med with metro.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom