BB clearing up..fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
i been fishless cycling my 40g for 2 1/2 weeks now..i added some seeded media in sunday..my tank has been cloudy ...BB)...the second day i started..BB...now i see it clearing up pretty good...is that a good sign and my ammonia hasnt dropped much is that normal..no nitrites yet..is it normal for the BB to be clearing up

Its not bb clearing up. Your tank likely just became cloudy from the addition of the dirty, cycled media. Or it may be a bacterial bloom clearing up on its own. Bacterial blooms are not harmful but they are also not the bacteria you need to cycle a tank. They are a completely different type of bacteria. :)

when i started on july 15..2 days later it got cloudy and it was like that still,when i added the seeded media on july 19..now its been 4 days i added the seeded media and now the water is clearing up..it wasnt due to the seeded media

Bacterial blooms in new tanks typically clear on their own and yours is doing the same. These 'blooms' are not the bacteria you need to cycle a tank. Make sure your tank has lots of aeration & sufficient temp to help your good bacteria multiply. :)

Back
Top Bottom