Beginner fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beginner on the loose

Aquarium Advice Regular
In your opinion, what is the best looking, surviving, and interesting sets and combonations of fish for a beginners aquarium? Thanks

Last edited:
It completely depends upon the size of the tank???

What size tank are you thinking of getting?

Jon

As Jon said it really depends on the size of your tank, every fish is different and has different needs.

As others have asked, knowing the size tank you have will help us help you. Even if you have a 10g Endler's livebearers are small but very colorful but hardy at the same time. Also guppies would be a good choice, hardy and colorful.

I have a 20 gallon, and I was planning on buying a 50 gallon so if you could include multiple sets of beginner fish for both tanks that would be great!

If you like the color red I would say rosy barbs or cherry barbs. Gold barbs or neon tetras are hardy fish.

20 Gallon - School of Tiger Barbs, or mix with Green Tigers, rock hard, super interesting fish, lovely colours, don't play well with others.

50 Gallon - Dwarf Cichlid set up, pair of either -Germans Rams, Bolivian Rams, Red Breast Acara, Apistogramma and some smaller fish like a few Cory and Tetra.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom