Best food for Cory's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spfdfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 5 tetras and 2 Cory's wanting to add 2 more Cory's but the tetras seem to be eating their foot much more quickly than they use to. I'm using new life spectrum sinking pellets but the tetras see eating them off the sand bed. What would be a good food to add for the Cory's.

Well, the corys and tetras would benefit from live food such as micro worms. I don't know how well that works with a snad substrate. You could also use just hatched baby brine shrimp. I know that will work just fine. Trick to getting the shrimp to the corys, siphon a small ortion of brine shrimp into the shrimp net and was them into a cup of fresh water. Wait 15-20 and repeat and add immediately. The first shrimp will be getting exhausted so the will sink much more quicly. The tetras will be too busy to worry about the bottom where the corys are feeding. You can also use decapsulated shrimp eggs, same process.

You can feed them put plenty in so the tetras get fed then turn the light off the Cory's use the barbs to sift around for food I had the same problem but I also use pellets that sink to the bottom, I have never thought about using blood worm but Cory's and fish really like frozen peas

My Corys go absolutely bonkers when I give them there weekly frozen bloodworm treat. I can tell it's their favorite of all the frozen. For regular feeding I give them a few sinking shrimp pellets as I'm feeding the rest of the fish. OS.

My Corys go absolutely bonkers when I give them there weekly frozen bloodworm treat. I can tell it's their favorite of all the frozen. For regular feeding I give them a few sinking shrimp pellets as I'm feeding the rest of the fish. OS.

Bloodworm, sends all fish bonkers!

They (my Cory) will eat sinking catfish pellets, algae wafers,
(Regular) fallen flake, natural algae/diatom growth, bloodworm, daphnia, spirulina flake,
tetra (and other brand) omnivore mix-red mini pellets,
snail eggs and snails (small and infrequently) and whatever else they happen to find!
(In a tank of Cory only, snails go missing! That's my assumption the Cory did it)

(Pre soak the sinking catfish pellets for ten minutes) then the tetra only take a bite and they don't swim off with the whole thing!

The small pieces that fall away, Cory food! I think somebody else said, feed tetra at lights on, then add night feed for Cory/plec etc.

I often trick the tetra to one side with some flake then add bottom feed to another area of the tank.

Feeding Corydoras

I have 5 tetras and 2 Cory's wanting to add 2 more Cory's but the tetras seem to be eating their foot much more quickly than they use to. I'm using new life spectrum sinking pellets but the tetras see eating them off the sand bed. What would be a good food to add for the Cory's.

Hello sp...

Corydoras are foraging fish and active after the tank lights go out. So, you can feed them toward evening when the other fish are less active. They'll do best with a variety of frozen foods. I feed bloodworms, plankton, brine and Mysis shrimp, and beef heart, a little freeze dried tubifex worms and the standard algae wafers. A real treat for my Corys is minced garlic. They love it and it's highly nutritious.

B

Back
Top Bottom