Best online retailer for livestock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look around on the forums for things works;)

Search function gives me this:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Browsed a bit, but didn't find anything readily.

do they also deliver in canada?

in ALL shops that i entered, none of them deliver canada

Your problem is going to be different wildlife restrictions. Lots of species can be dangerous in certain habitats, so your government has different rules than the US. You'll have to find a Canadian based site is my guess.

/agree

Once you start looking at shipping living creatures over borders, things can get really complex really quickly. Perhaps some of the Canadians could chime in on this thread with hints of Canadian retailers.

It is also worth mentioning, I tend to see a pretty fair number of Canadians auctioning stuff on AquaBid, so that's another good possibility.

You need health certificates to import livestock into Canada & it cost $$$, so not worthwhile unless you are a retailer. <Apparently the government charges the same if you import 1 fish or 10000.>

Gold Aquarium in Calgary is one of the better fish store. They don't have a great selection, but what they have are good quality. They will ship livestock although I usually take the 3 hr drive down. This is the site:
Gold Aquariums - Canada's Premier Cichlids Source
<And they have much more then just the advertised cichlids .... also other FW, SW fish, corals, etc .... email them to see if they have what you want.>

LiveAquaria.com and ThatPetPlace are my two favorites. SaltwaterFish.com is ok too. I'm sure everyone has their favorites. I really prefer a lfs for livestock.

I'm going to second cmor.. I have ordered from liveaquaria.com and have been sooo happy! Fish arrived right when they said they would and were packed perfectly! no issues with disease yet!QT going great and have been great to work with!

LiveAquaria.com and ThatPetPlace are my two favorites. SaltwaterFish.com is ok too. I'm sure everyone has their favorites. I really prefer a lfs for livestock.

my lfs are Petsmart/Petco and a couple of pain in the *** snobbish ones in a college town. With gas the way it is, I can't afford to travel to the really good ones often.

I've recieved 2 shipments in all so far and so far so good from liveaquaria.com.. they have some of the best customer service aorund (I fall into the same catagory like you and only have the marts and co's locally..)

Back
Top Bottom