betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I think I school of neons wouldn't do to bad with it right?

IMO I don't think it should be too bad...I keep cardinals with my betta which are practically the same as neons just differences in colouration and they get along pretty well. I think just a small school of six neons in there with a betta would be good.

Alright that's really cool. I didn't think that many things got along with bettas. Thank you everyone

mine has shared her tank with what i think are endlers,ottos,african dwarf frogs,ghosts hrimp,and a female guppy(not all at once)

That's actually really cool. I thought they just had to be isolated to the world until I found AA. I don't have a betta my friend does and I'm giving him my ten gallon because he's keeping his in a 2. So I'm trying to find stuff for him so he doesn't have a "big" tank for such a small fish

My male is kept with embers... no probs really, he will chase them every now and again but just think it is to prove who is boss - not to kill them

hi, i have a 5 gallon starter tank. and, i put a betta in with three glo danios and three neon tetras. they have been good until two days ago, my betta was nipping at two tetras and killed them. lastnight, he killed the last one. i took him out of my tank and am left with the three danios. what others can i put in my tank?

taylorlynn said:
hi, i have a 5 gallon starter tank. and, i put a betta in with three glo danios and three neon tetras. they have been good until two days ago, my betta was nipping at two tetras and killed them. lastnight, he killed the last one. i took him out of my tank and am left with the three danios. what others can i put in my tank?

You can't put anything else in that tank, the reason he killed them is because it's not enough space with all those fish in it, so eliminated fishes to have space.

I wouldn't put any other fish in a 5 gallon tbh with a Betta, maybe snails or shrimp, but Betta in anything less than a 10 gallon and you'll find he will get stressed by the other fish and his tolerence will be pushed constantly in such a 5 gallon, I would def make sure you have lots of real or silk plants and other hiding places for the betta to get away from any other fish if you do have any.

What is the betta in now?

If you want them all together and can afford it look at gettin a 10+ gallon tank with plenty of plants n hiding spaces. If tank is quite bare with hardly any hiding places it will make the betta much more stressed n aggressive imo.

What is the betta in now?

If you want them all together and can afford it look at gettin a 10+ gallon tank with plenty of plants n hiding spaces. If tank is quite bare with hardly any hiding places it will make the betta much more stressed n aggressive imo.
if she wants to keep the danios,she'll need a 20+ gallon tank

Back
Top Bottom