Betta build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not trying to steal your thread, but i have a male betta in a heavily planted 20 gallon with schools of cories, and tetras, and he loves the big tank. I guess too many fish in a small tank may stress him out, but my betta seems to like the other fish.

gman42 said:
Not trying to steal your thread, but i have a male betta in a heavily planted 20 gallon with schools of cories, and tetras, and he loves the big tank. I guess too many fish in a small tank may stress him out, but my betta seems to like the other fish.

That's because there's space. In a five gallon it would be extremely stressful for a Betta fish.

A critical aspect of having multiple female bettas is that the non-dominant females must be able to get away from the dominate female. This simply isn't feasible in a 5g, and is a stretch in a 10g or normal 20g simply due to the limited footprint of the tank. Betta sororities tend to be volatile arrangements that often fail; it's not really a good situation to cut corners on tank size.

A critical aspect of having multiple female bettas is that the non-dominant females must be able to get away from the dominate female. This simply isn't feasible in a 5g, and is a stretch in a 10g or normal 20g simply due to the limited footprint of the tank. Betta sororities tend to be volatile arrangements that often fail; it's not really a good situation to cut corners on tank size.

+1 to this. Couldn't have worded it better myself.

Added a HUGE mat of HC, probably 2 inches by 3 inches($3.98 ), some dwarf Sagittarius($3.98 ), a small sword(at least that's what I think it is even though I asked for an anubais) for $4.98 and two plants that I don't remember. Anyway, I'll post pics after I add my two driftwood pieces tomorrow. But here's a taster(before I took the fakes out)-

image-2358372495.jpg

The dwarf sag died. I think it was shaded out. I need to replace my bulbs and start CO2. I just purchased five ghost shrimp so I'm hoping my betta won't hurt them. This is just so I can see if she'll live with RCS.

Overdue Update-

My betta has murdered 10 ghosties. She's nasty! I was in my LFS today and saw the prettiest magenta male dumbo betta with white edged fins, whom I was tempted to buy until I saw the price tag.

My foxtail has taken over. I have two huge bunches. Speaking of scapes, I am tempted to remove one or both of the driftwood pieces and completely rescape my guppy tank, then stock the DW in there, so I could make the betta tank actually be planted. I hate the river rock in the tank too. I really need a spare day to rescape it.

I need suggestions on a liquid fertilizer for the tank that my two new nerite snails will survive.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom