Betta fish heater!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium_kid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, i have a betta fish and i have read that betta fish need heaters because they are tropical but, my first fish was a betta and the tank my betta was in did not have a heater, so i would like to know, should i install a heater into my betta's tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So my bettas tank is 1gal what size of heater should i use? Im assuming a small heater?

I suggest you go to a pet store or online to research options. There are lots of mini heaters of different shapes and sizes.

But honestly, I would suggest a larger tank. 5 gallons. Betta's really like a little more room. Here is mine in his 8 gallon tank and he uses all of it. They love plants too. They are very smart and get bored. So when I clean the tank I move stuff around to keep things interesting for him. And he has a snail to supervise as well.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474997144.432170.jpg

I suggest you go to a pet store or online to research options. There are lots of mini heaters of different shapes and sizes.

But honestly, I would suggest a larger tank. 5 gallons. Betta's really like a little more room. Here is mine in his 8 gallon tank and he uses all of it. They love plants too. They are very smart and get bored. So when I clean the tank I move stuff around to keep things interesting for him. And he has a snail to supervise as well.

View attachment 289560

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474999795.668392.jpg

This is my betta

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of plants i have a fake plastic "betta hammock" in my fishes tank and he does not seem interested in it what should i do ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474999977.959589.jpg

Very nice betta. Crown tail? Name yet?

Leaf hammock placement is the thing deal breaker. Mine likes his about an inch from the top. Darkest calmest corner.

No question, a bigger tank is much better - at least 5 gallons. There are betta tank heaters for small tanks, but a one gallon is not really sufficient for a healthy setup

Sorry my bettas tank is more than one gallon

Back
Top Bottom