Betta help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently brought 3 ottos. And they clean out my tank so well that I've decided to feed them some algae wafers incase they get hungry. I fed them when it's dark, I came back 1 hour later and see my betta sitting near the wafers obviously eating it and he looks really bloated!! Omg I didn't know betta eat algae!!! I feed him enough 6 days a week. And I vary his diet with bloodworms and peas too. I'm worried that he will get sick from bloating. Should I just not feed wafers anymore and move onto zucchinis?

Bettas are little piggies! Give him some peas and skip the bloodworms for a day or two and he should be fine.

Yeah, I have the same problem with my betta. He steals any type of food that looks like a pellet or a wafer etc. I heard Otos don't like to eat wafers. Try giving them blanched zucchini, romaine lettuce, cucumbers and other fresh veggies instead. I kept otos a couple months ago and they loved lettuce!

Bettas will eat anything, and everything, you put in the tank that's food. No matter how much fish food I put in, they still would go after shrimp pellets and/or algae wafers I was adding for the bottom feeders.

IMO zucchini is a much better option for the ottos, as others have suggested.

Ches said:
Yeah, I have the same problem with my betta. He steals any type of food that looks like a pellet or a wafer etc. I heard Otos don't like to eat wafers. Try giving them blanched zucchini, romaine lettuce, cucumbers and other fresh veggies instead. I kept otos a couple months ago and they loved lettuce!

Haha that's true! Ya I fed my ottos blanched zucchinis, they seem to be reluctant at first but I saw a couple the next day eating it. So I'm happy :) and no fat Betta. :D

James_in_MN said:
Bettas will eat anything, and everything, you put in the tank that's food. No matter how much fish food I put in, they still would go after shrimp pellets and/or algae wafers I was adding for the bottom feeders.

IMO zucchini is a much better option for the ottos, as others have suggested.

O really? They go for shrimp pellets too? O dear I was gonna buy some shrimps to add to my 10 gallon. Hmm

Bettas love to eat shrimp.
I always had to feed my snail after the lights went out, and I put the food in a place where the filter current was too much for the betta to hang out. I also kept a turkey baster next to the tank to shoo him away.

Back
Top Bottom