Betta male & female community 55g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fabiocaravlho

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello buddies im new on that forum I have a 55g fish tank with 3 neon tetras 2 small plecos (1 month old) 3 scisor rabora 3 blood fin tetras and 3 guppies. I what to put 1 male betta and 2 females betta on that tank do you think its safe to do it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would not do this. Males and females fight aggressively. Even in a larger tank like yours I would not take the risk.

Also male bettas are known to attack male guppies due to their flowing fins that remind them of another betta. Use caution when introducing them.

Good luck!

I would not do this. For one, the blood fins will more than likely nip to death, and two, i would only recommend this if you have TONS, and I mean TONS of hiding places and a lot of other species in the tank for them to be distracted with. Even then it's not likely to work.

I had put my betta in with guppies before and it was horrible. He was a terror in the tank, by himself he was very docile. I wouldn't recommend it but others have had good luck in this area. It depends on the fish but generally a bad idea.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom