Betta question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salukie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm not even done setting up my first tank that I'm already planning my next one! I'd love to have a second ten gallon tank with a betta.

Should it be a male or a female?

What tank mates, if any, would be happy to share a 10g with a betta?

Thanks!

Well, a 10g can be done with a betta but with tank ayes is a little questionable. I would either go one male beta an shrimp, apple snails and adfS.

I have neon tetras and cherry shrimp with my beta and they're fine. Anything that doesn't have big showy fins should be fine, so the beta doesn't confuse it for another beta.

Cardinal tetras destroyed my bettas fins so I don't plan on ever having a betta with schoolers again. African dwarf frogs and Otos are good though they all leave each other alone

Haha. I guess it's hard to say with betas- as you can see from all our different experiences, each beta has it's own personality and they each are different!

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Is there any way to tell if a betta is a destroyer without sacrificing the innocent?

I've heard that Neon Tetras get along with Bettas, and if the Betta did decide to attack a Tetra it could swim twice as fast as the Betta. I think Shrimp and/or snails would also be fine. I've even seen Bettas in a community tank that got along just fine! (It would be a risk though) As far as male or female, definitely get a male, they are much prettier than the females.

Back
Top Bottom