Betta substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What can I use in a betta tank? I know it is a dumb question but it's been awhile since I owned a betta and seeing my 5 gallon is empty cause all my ADFs are in my 20Long community and doing great. I'll like to use the 5 for a betta. Ty

I've used both gravel and sand when I had my bettas but definitely preferred sand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Betta's are very adaptive, but it is best to take into account their natural habitat. In the wild, betta's usually live in large rice paddies. The substrate there (dirt) is dark. So, in choosing your betta tank, is is best to go for a darker sand or gravel. You could even do a dirted tank, but those have always been a bit too messy for me.

I have black sand in mine. My betta seems to like it, really you can use whatever you like.

What can I use in a betta tank? I know it is a dumb question but it's been awhile since I owned a betta and seeing my 5 gallon is empty cause all my ADFs are in my 20Long community and doing great. I'll like to use the 5 for a betta. Ty
I use sand now, but I have used gravel before with no ill effects. I have some floating plants also and he seems to like that.

I am thinking gravel but I like sand to so we will see I am still waiting for the betta to arrive so hopefully by this weekend . He will be here and I can set up his tank. I have the filter in my 20 so it stays cycled .

iPhone 5s has taking over lol

Back
Top Bottom