Bio-Spira wanna be's....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkymom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just wondering if anyone has tried those wanna be Bio Spira bottles on the shelf and had any success with them? If so, how do you know you had success with them? LOL. TIA

iv never used it but a friend used cycle from hagen and it worked good, you know you had success with them the same way you would with bio spira, no spikes in your water perimaters.

I've tried Cycle by Hagan, and after using it for 2 days I dumped it. I discovered A) it registered 100 ppm nitrates straight from the bottle. and B) it does not contain the correct bacteria anyway. Only Bio-Spira does.

Ok, so basically it isn't worth it? I'm getting so confused here...I really want to try the Bio Spira, but I can't find it anywhere, and when I went to try and buy it online, the website said I had to be a major distributer (basically I had to be a petstore) to purchase it. Ah boy.

I have used cyscle for the last 3 weeks, still struggling with nitrite spikes, so will not buy any more.

If Bernie doesn't come into this thread in the next day or so, pop on to www.fishgeeks.com and PM him. Hes one of the mods there, is also a lfs owner, and ships Bio-Spira all over the states :)

Yup. I ordered Bio-Spira from Bernie and it works great... Make sure you have him ship overnight. His gel packs he uses to keep the product cold didn't last the 3 day transit from him to me. luckily the stuff still worked.

Don't go for that bacteria in a bottle stuff. Doesn't work worth a darn...

Back
Top Bottom