Bloodfin Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Porschegirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m new at this and just started a 30 gallon aquarium with 5 Bloodfin tetras. Everything seems to be going well. Fish are eating & active but one loses all of his red markings overnight; the red markings then re appear later in the morning. Is this a stress reaction?

As long as the B. Fins are eating and swimming normally, likely no worries. Most Fish colors change hue depending on their mood.

I’m new at this and just started a 30 gallon aquarium with 5 Bloodfin tetras. Everything seems to be going well. Fish are eating & active but one loses all of his red markings overnight; the red markings then re appear later in the morning. Is this a stress reaction?

He or she might be the low fish on the totem pole and therefore muting his colors. With a tank that size, I might add 2-4 more to encourage more schooling and spread any aggression out.

Also, fish have "night colors" so this fish may just be doing this to blend in to the background while sleeping. As long as the color comes back, you should be good to go (y) If the color remains gone in the morning, you will want to look at your water chemistry to make sure something isn't going bad.

Back
Top Bottom